Office building with certificate
In the new office building in Ludwigshafen BASF is using the powerful insulation material Neopor® and thus fulfills its own high requirements for sustainable construction.
The new office complex of BASF SE in Ludwigshafen/Germany is not only intended for representation purposes, but should also reflect the aspiration of the company – to contribute to a sustainable future. Consequently, the flat roofs of the building incorporated insulation material based on the raw material developed and produced by BASF: Neopor®.
The properties of the high performance insulation material have made a major contribution to the sustainability of the building and the positive certification by DGNB. The material improves energy efficiency while minimising construction costs:
- Low thermal conductivity reduces CO2 emissions and running costs
- New flame-retardant material Polymeric-FR has a better environmental profile than its predecessors
- Neopor® fulfils static requirements thanks to its high compressive strength
- Owing to its long durability, Neopor® contributes to sustainable construction
- Neopor® also offers numerous design options – a clear benefit for planners